Description
An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-
One good...One evil...Who will prevail?
Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.
Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust. They just know they can't trust each other.
Prophecy follows Amalia and her twin, Alice. Shortly after their father's mysterious death, Lia discovers that a strange mark is appearing on her wrist, darkening with each passing day. And as she digs into the reasons behind such an odd occurance, she begins to battle with her sister. It seems these two play a role in a prophecy which has lasted centuries. A prophecy that must end with Lia and her sister.
But will Lia be able to keep an army of lost souls from entering earth and thus beginning the end of days, or will her twin sister and rival win out?
Many YA books that I read tend to have more simplistic plots and characters--but I think older kids want more development. The author has a great writing style--the older fashioned language flows so effortlessly.
PROPHECY OF THE SISTERS is a dark, gripping, haunting tale. You'll love Amelia's vulnerabilities, you'll yearn to know what the keys are--and where they are hidden--and you'll flip the pages ever faster as you near the end. Much like Lia, I wanted to find out the mystery behind the Prophecy. Who was good? Who was bad? What would happen next?
It's sequel :
Description :
The ultimate battle between sisters is nearing, and its outcome could have catastrophic consequences. As sixteen year-old Lia Milthorpe searches for a way to end the prophecy, her twin sister Alice hones the skills she'll need to defeat Lia. Alice will stop at nothing to reclaim her sister's role in the prophecy, and that's not the only thing she wants: There's also Lia's boyfriend James.
Lia and Alice always knew the Prophecy would turn those closest to them against them. But they didn't know what betrayal could lead them to do. In the end, only one sister will be left standing.
Lia and Alice always knew the Prophecy would turn those closest to them against them. But they didn't know what betrayal could lead them to do. In the end, only one sister will be left standing.
The second novel in the Prophecy of the Sisters series is everything and more than what I was hoping. The magic that Zink created in her first novel is again presented in Guardian of the Gate.
In this installment, Lia is on a journey. She must find that which has been lost in order to fulfill her place in the Prophecy. However, along the way, friendships and relationships are tested as Lia learns that the only true person that she may be able to trust is herself.
Like the previous novel in the series, Guardian of the Gate completely held me hostage. I quite literally sat down with the novel, and probably did not move until I turned the last page. Zink's writing ability is phenomenal in capturing the essence of hope, love, and even betrayal. The world that has been created is beautifully explored, and so deep that, like Lia, I feel as if I know every nook and cranny.
I must admit that Zink surprised me quite a bit with this novel, especially in regards to the romance aspect. While Prophecy of the Sisters did include a sweet romance between Lia and James, the romance in Guardian of the Gate was a lot more mature. I do not want to spoil the awesomeness of Lia's romance, so you will just have to dive right into it just like I did.
While it is going to be torture awaiting the third and final installment, I could not be happier with this series. It has so much to offer to its readers. If you have not read the first novel in the series, PROPHECY OF THE SISTERS, I recommend that you fix that immediately. And once you have that finished, I can promise you that you will be dying to get your hands on Guardian of the Gate :)
In this installment, Lia is on a journey. She must find that which has been lost in order to fulfill her place in the Prophecy. However, along the way, friendships and relationships are tested as Lia learns that the only true person that she may be able to trust is herself.
Like the previous novel in the series, Guardian of the Gate completely held me hostage. I quite literally sat down with the novel, and probably did not move until I turned the last page. Zink's writing ability is phenomenal in capturing the essence of hope, love, and even betrayal. The world that has been created is beautifully explored, and so deep that, like Lia, I feel as if I know every nook and cranny.
I must admit that Zink surprised me quite a bit with this novel, especially in regards to the romance aspect. While Prophecy of the Sisters did include a sweet romance between Lia and James, the romance in Guardian of the Gate was a lot more mature. I do not want to spoil the awesomeness of Lia's romance, so you will just have to dive right into it just like I did.
While it is going to be torture awaiting the third and final installment, I could not be happier with this series. It has so much to offer to its readers. If you have not read the first novel in the series, PROPHECY OF THE SISTERS, I recommend that you fix that immediately. And once you have that finished, I can promise you that you will be dying to get your hands on Guardian of the Gate :)
The last book in the series :
Description :
With time dwindling but her will to end the Prophecy stronger than ever, Lia sets out on a journey to find the remaining keys, locate the missing pages of the Prophecy, and convince her sister Alice to help--or risk her life trying. Lia has her beloved Dimitri by her side, but Alice has James, the man who once loved her sister--and maybe still does. James doesn't know the truth about either sister, or the prophecy that divides them. And Alice intends to keep it that way.
There are some secrets sisters aren't meant to share. Because when they do, it destroys them. This stunning conclusion to Michelle Zink's Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy will make saying good-bye bittersweet for readers.
It is not published yet, which is a torment to all readers ..... :(



No comments:
Post a Comment